Sunday, November 18, 2018

Empress Theresa; and the Chamber of Illiteracy.


Buy It on Amazon

The Authors Website
________________________________________________________________________

Before we dig into this burning dumpster fire of the English language, I would like to express why I think it should be done.

I understand that writing is not an easy task, especially for anyone that has never done it before.  It is a daunting undertaking that requires countless hours of focus and patience to summon the muse and listen as she whispers into your ear.  And everyone's first piece of work is always a sloppy mess that needs countless more hours of revision and editing.

But that is how most authors grow, both within the craft and as people themselves.  They get feedback and revise the work or move onto the next story that's burning a hole in their heads.  They research tirelessly about the subject being written so that a convincing tale can be spun that keeps the readers suspension of disbelief primed and running.  As even the most fanciful tale needs characters that react in a convincing way and a world that makes some sense.

In a small way, I respect Norman Boutin for putting in the effort to write this book.  He is a man who is extremely proud of an accomplishment that took him an alleged 20 to 40 years to complete.  I myself have and continue to spend years on novels that keep scratching at the back door of my brain to be let out onto the page.  So I understand the amount of work that must have gone into its completion and the feeling he had for it when he thought it was good enough for the market.

However, that is where my respect for the man begins to wane somewhat.  From how he treated those whom he asked for, and received, feedback from over the years, and the fact that he is clearly pleased with an obviously poor and unreadable product.  My own interactions with the man have lent some insight into the mans psyche, but as I am not a medical professional I will keep my deductions to myself for the time being.  Especially as he will no doubt make his way here to display himself for all to see in short order.

I am going to seem to be very harsh in my review of this "book" and I acknowledge that I will very blunt in my opinions of the piece.  But please understand that this a result of the authors own actions, that normally I wouldn't give a dainty fart about this book.  It has been Norman's continued disdain for rejection of honest feedback, which he requested by the way, and his obstinate belief that this is the greatest work of fiction ever written.  I got the inspiration for this Blog directly from how he carries himself on the Internet.

So please take off your digital shoes and sit back for a spell as we go through this fine midden pile of a book to see what treasures may lie within.  Join me, will you?

Only somebody who can think deeply and not fall for instant analysis should write books. - Norman Boutin

4 comments:

  1. Came from the amazon page on the newest thread. This was a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope to work my way through this entire thing at some point.

      Delete
  2. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. normobaria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, things have been a bit hectic lately. Need to sit down and do a couple more chapters, I may have gathered enough booze to get through it...

      :)

      Delete